Skip to main content

Asparagus Stir- fried




Asparagus is a popular vegetable because of its delicate flavor. It is also known for its medicinal properties and being a low calorie food. I have tried this recipe many times and my family enjoys this. Garlic and lemon zest adds to its flavor . Stir fry is more Asian way of cooking. Try this easy one.

Ingredients
Asparagus- 1 lb
Onion- 1 medium
Bell pepper- 1/2
Ginger- 2 tsp
fennel powder- 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder 1/3 tsp
pepper powder 1/3 tsp
lemon zest- 1/2 tsp
oil- 2tsp
salt to taste





Chop onions, bell pepper and ginger finely. In a pan pour in oil and when it gets hot drop in ginger and allow it to fry till it has a nice flavor and add onions and bell pepper till onions are fried and bell pepper is soft. Add in salt, chilly powder, pepper powder, fennel powder and saute for a few seconds and drop in lemon zest and finally the asparagus. Fry it for 3-4 minutes. The dish is ready!!

Try it..

Hope you will all enjoy!!!!

Comments

  1. This seems like a right recipe for dinner, i'm gonna adapt ur recipe and add my flavors to it. will let you know how it turns out....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

German Chocolate Cake

Delicious gooey chocolate cake filled with creamy  caramel flavored coconut pecan frosting will surely be something every chocolate cake lover would die for..and for a chocolate lover like me this was divine.When I first saw the German chocolate cake I was impressed by the beautiful stack of cakes with this gooey frosting and finally ended making one at home. I feel it is one of the most delicious chocolate cake.I have brought a little alterations but for the exact recipe check here .For the chocolate cake you can use either melted baking chocolate or a combination of baking chocolate and unsweetened cocoa powder. Ingredients for the filling Condensed milk- 8 ounce or 1/2 tin Butter - 3 tsp milk- 2 tsp vanilla essence- 1tsp Egg yolks 2 Chopped pecans- 3/4 cup Sweet Coconut - 3/4 cup Salt- a pinch Ingredients for cake 1)Flour- 2 cup Butter - 3/4 stick Cocoa- 1/2 cup Baking powder- 1 1/2tsp Baking soda- a pinch salt- a pinch 2)Semi sweet chocolate- 4 ounce Eg...

Stuffed Pomfret With Green Masala- A Guest Post at Cooking-Varieties

I am extremely delighted and honored to be a guest at Wan's Cooking Varieties. When she asked me for a guest post I was so excited.She is one of my favorite foodie friends .She is very warm and friendly person and I love her blog. There is always a healthy edge in her cooking which is really inspiring.It has beautiful write-ups about food, health benefits and healthy eating habits.She has always shown genuine appreciation for other culture and culinary traditions. I am honored to be in your esteemed space. Thanks Wan for this opportunity. Recipe is  pomfret stuffed with a green masala and prawns filling...Hop over to Wan's place for the recipe .. Wan sent me this card with beautiful bouquet of roses,this made my day  :) so sweet of you Wan..really appreciate this:) Once again thanks Wan for this opportunity Hope you will all enjoy.. Have a great day! Suja

Ulli Puli/Sweet and Tangy Onion Curry

Ulli Puli/Sweet and Tangy Onion Curry Ullipuli/ulli curry is a tangy and spicy onion sauce with a touch of sweetness. The tangy taste is from puli/tamarind and the natural sweetness of pearl onions which is lightly enhanced by adding a little of jaggery, which is optional.It is a common sadhya recipe and is served as a thodu curry along with pickles like ginger, mango and lemon .It is very popular in central Kerala. The first time I tasted ullipuli was after my marriage. I first thought that it was inji/ginger curry as they looked very similar,but it tasted delicious. Give this recipe a try,you will surely love it. Ingredients Pearl onions/shallots thinly sliced- 3 cup Sliced coconut pieces- 1/2 cup Tamarind- lemon sized ball Green chilly- 3 Ginger chopped- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp Chilly powder- 1 tsp Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida- a pinch Jaggery powdered- 2 tsp (optional) Curry leaves- a few Dry red chilly-2 Coconut oil-...