Friday, June 10, 2011

Egg Puffs


Egg puffs

Here is a spicy and delicious tea time snack. Its quick and simple as I made with store brought puff pastry and tastes just like the ones we get in bakeries of Kerala.Freshly baked puffs with a cup of tea is something that no one can resist..



Ingredients
Puff pastry sheet- 1 pack

For the filling
Hard boiled eggs - 4
( I cut pastry sheet into 8 pieces)
Onion - finely chopped- 2 medium
Ginger garlic paste- 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
Meat masala- 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup- 1 tsp
Lemon juice-  a few drops(optional)
Chopped coriander leaves- a little

Heat oil in a pan and saute onion till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw flavor disappears. Make a paste of all the masala powders with 2-3 tbs of water and add and continue frying till oil separates. Add ketchup and boiled eggs cut into half. Add lemon juice and coriander leaves  and coat with masala. Allow this to cool completely.

Thaw puff pastry as per package instruction. Roll out and cut into squares. Beat one egg to use as egg wash and keep aside.
Place spoonful of masala and one egg piece on the center of the pastry sheet. Brush the four sides of the pastry sheet with egg wash. Pull the corner towards the center and seal. Brush the outside with the egg wash and bake in 375 degree F and bake till the outside becomes crispy and golden brown. Serve with a cup of tea.

Try this..
Hope you will all enjoy

40 comments:

  1. looks so yummy....mouthwatering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crispy egg puffs,perfect with a cup of hot coffee..I too have this in my draft,will post soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Wonderful egg puffs..One of my dear favorites...:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Egg puffs look beautiful and glossy! They really tempt me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwww... It looks mouthwatering.. I love puffs, So yummyyyyyyy.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow egg puffs look so wonderful and very beautifully made !! love them !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send some dear..am hungry.Looks fabulous.Brought back memories of college canteen.I make them too occasionally..Nice Masala recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. suja my daughter's absolute fav- they look perfectly done !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious looking egg puff. Wonderfully prepared.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, looks so good and I bet tastes even better. What a wonderful snack:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finger licking delicious n beautiful looking!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  12. you've baked it to perfection! looks mouth watering! yummm

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fav anytime, looks soo prefect,delicious and inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Egg puffs are my husband's fav..wonderful puffs and baked perfectly..looks great..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Puffs looks delicious! Beautiful pics and presentation..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy egg puffs,looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Egg puffs looks dleicious. I make some time,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super puffs....tempting clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  19. enthoru othoruma...njanum innale ithu undakiyirunnu...I used my own pastry sheets....yours look yum

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just wish I can have just one of these...just one :) ..looks so so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  21. hmmmmmmmmmm.......yummy.........i want 2 grab tha whole plate.......adipoli.........

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suja, lovely presentation of egg puffs! This recipe looks great. Loved your collection of recipes. I am new to this blog and now, I wish to visit again and again. Do check out mine as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Egg puffs looks crispy, yummy and tempting. Wonderful recipe as well as presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow crispy n perfect, now I wish to grab it from the screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. egane enee kothipikathee..Inikku ettavum ishtam ulla puffs..looks super yum!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hai Dear

    I have a award for you..please collect it dear.. http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/2011/06/tomato-thokku-and-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. after a long back iam giving my commends....i was on a short break...i had new commer at my home..a baby girl...
    puffs ia my fvt...me to made before

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...Puffs look crispy and yummy...Brought back memories of my days in Cochin University...used to have these almost every other day from a bakery nearby...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, that seriously looks awesome! I just wish I could have one now with my cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Egg puffs adipoli!! Njangalkkum puffs recipe draftsil undu..Tempting clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow...nyan collegil padikkunna kaalathu full-time ethu thanne yanu kazhikkaru...adipoli ayittundu...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eggs are anytime for me, remember having them as kids....should try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Simply awesome and delicious looking Egg Puffs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...