Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Squid/ Kanava Roast and Awards


Squid  or Kanava is a popular sea food. There are different ways of making squid. My mother makes it as a thoran which is very yummy . This squid roast is a spicy preparation which is very delicious.I got this recipe from Beena Shylesh blog. Thanks Beena for this lovely recipe. I followed exactly the same but used shallots instead of onion and added a little of pepper powder as the green chilly I used here was not hot.


Ingredients
Cleaned Squid-1 lb
Shallots-15
Tomato-2 medium size
Ginger- 1 inch thick
Garlic- 4-5
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
chilly pepper-3
Chilly powder-1 tsp
pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
Fennel powder- 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1string
Coconut Oil
Salt-to taste

Heat oil in a pan and add chopped ginger and garlic followed by chopped onion and curry leaves. Saute till golden brown. Add chopped tomatos and saute till it get mashed up and soft. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, pepper powder and garam masala.Add cleaned squid and little water( 1/3 cup)cover and cook for four to five minutes and till water evoporates.Add chilly and fry till all the masala gets coated with the squid.
Serve with rice

Try this..
Hope you will all enjoy

Its Award time. :)

I am so happy to receive this lovely award  from Jay of Tasty Appetite and Reshmi Ahmed . Jay has shared this award to all who have participated in the wonderful event "I Love My Dad" with the intention of spreading love and friendship.Thanks Jay for this beautiful award. Thanks Reshmi for passing this award and for your kind words and encouragement. I feel so honored.This comes with a set of  rules ..it has to be passed to three blogger friends and why I like them best. I am very much confused as I have more than a dozen of my all time favorite blogs. Sticking to the rules I am passing this award to three of my blogger friends.

Beena Shylesh of My Kitchen. You might understand why:) ..the recipe I posted today is inspired from her blog . She has lots of lovely recipes, authentic and unique.
Kairali Sister need no introduction as these darlings are every ones favorite. I love their blog which is an absolute feast to the eye and lots of yummy recipes. Many authentic recipes but they always have a unique style of presentation.
Nisha of Look Who's Cooking Too  Love many of her recipes (even though she complains that she is not much interested in cooking) the results are absolutely fabulous. Yummy recipes , beautiful presentation and wonderful photographs..you will find all in her space.


This is another award I received for my beautiful blogger friends Neethu Binoi  of Kitchen Express, Satrupa of Food For Thought, Nitha  of Amateur Perceptions and Aipi of US Masala. Thanks dear friends.I am so happy and feel honored when Neethu shared this award with me and also for remembering me( even more as yesterday happened to be my Wedding Anniversary) She is every ones favorite,one of the most warm hearted blogger friends who has constantly given me encouraging comments. I am a real fan of Neeta and her blog.  There are lots of delicious and mouthwatering recipes with beautiful write ups too. Check out her cakes ..they are stunning.Aipi is another loving blogger friend of mine, and needs no introduction. Her blog is full of delicious recipes is artistically presented - a feast to the eye. Satrupa has some very exciting recipes, delicious and unique. I love visiting her blog often and really enjoy her posts which has beautiful write up, stories and antecedents, tips and much more. To accept this award I have to thank the persons who awarded it, share seven things about myself and pass it to fifteen blogger friend.

Thanks Neethu, Satrupa and Aipi :)

About Myself
1) Cooking is my passion. I consider cooking and presenting food as a art and a life long learning process.
2) Surf the net especially reading about different kinds of cuisine. Many times I will not be able to make them . Just for curiosity as to why they are unique and famous.
3) Love traveling and reading
4) Watching Movies
5) Spending lots of time with my little one and hubby.
6) Very attached to my family
7) Talkative if there is some one to listen :) especially with my dear Mom.

I would like to share this with
1) Deepa
2 ) Deepa and Tanu
3) Fathima
4)Guna
5)Gayathri
6) Jyothi
7 ) Namitha and Sunitha
8) Prani
9) Rach
10) Sreelekha Sumesh
11) Sanyukta
12)Sushma

13) Sarah

14) Sayali
15) Yummy Team

Thanks all
Happy Blogging:)

39 comments:

  1. I was about to sleep. You are tempting me with such yummy looking roast dear.. Wish I could get some in my dream.
    Perfectly done. Lovely click too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your well deserving award suja.. wish u many many more 2 come.. also belated anniversary wishes :)
    The squid roast looks perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratts!! on ur award.. wish u to earn lot more awards... u really deserve it... thank u so much for sharing dis award with me... really very happy dear...very tempting dish.. feels like taste it now

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe is much new to me...i even don't know whats squid.......Congo and many thanx for sharing the award...keep cooking and enjoy every bite in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely squid roast chehci..kandittu kothy varunu..njanipol lunch kazhiche ullu, onnude ethu nokki erunu kazhikan thonunud ketto..

    Congrats on the awards and thx a lot for sharing...

    Love
    Suji

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your awards and thanks a lot for sharing it with us :)

    Kanava roast looks super yummy, tempting click!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratts on ur award.. wish u more awards to come..u really deserve it.. thank u so much for sharing this award with me .. thanx a lot... vry tempting dish luks delicious...feels like to taste it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your awards...looks so spicy and delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your well deserving award suja.. wish u many many more 2 com...

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award. Love the squid curry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suja thanks a looooooooooooot for the award...that was incredibly sweet of you.
    Squid is a fav of my husband like all other seafood...have always had it batter fired..never like this..shud give this prep a go once i get hold of some squid

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is an award waiting 4 u in my blog, plz come n collect it dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks all for stopping by and the sweet comments.
    Aipi..thanks dear..so sweet of you to share this lovely award with me :)
    Nisha, do try this..it tastes great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a droolworthy and tempting squid roast, makes me hungry...Congrats on ur award..keep rocking..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats for the awards and thanks for sharing it...squid roast looks adipoli...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    Congratulations !! There is an award awaiting you on my blog space. Please go ahead n accept it.
    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-award.html

    Cheers n Happy Cooking,
    Satrupa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats so deliicous kanava roast.. perfectly done. and squid is one of my favorite seafood.. good one da.
    Happy anniversary wishes to u.. treat eppola
    suja congrats on ur awards.happy to know abt ur interest..
    Thanks for sharing the awards with me.sure post with my next recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dish is looking so yammy...and tempting..many a times I have thought of bringing squid and cook ..but my hubby does not preffer it much..but i love squid...congrats on your award.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Squid roast looks so perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummyyy Kanava roast.adipoli ayittundu.
    Congrats on ur awards and thanks for sharing da:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Squid roast looks lovely. Belated happy marriage anniversary dear. And congrats on your awards. Thanks a lot dear for passing it to me

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kidilam Kanava Roast... sherikum vallam varanu kandituu... Thanks a lot for sharing the award with me Suja..

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have never tasted squid but it looks really nice....congrats on your awards suja and thanks a lot for sharing it with me

    ReplyDelete
  24. delicious dish, congrats on your award and you deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow wow wow..i have no words to say ...u have tried my recipe.....tahnk you soooo much dear......its realy a great encouragment from you...your rost is more delisious and super presentation...any way happy to know that you have enjoyed it.......and thanks for the award..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations !!! I have never tried this fish (!!!). But the dish looks very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your awards dear..

    The squid roast looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  28. My Fav....i have one coming soon :) control pokunnu ithu kandittu...
    Congrats on the awards..thank for thinking of me...and nice knowing more about you...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Please collect your award from my space too ...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks all for the sweet comments
    Thanks Nitha and Satrupa for sharing this lovely award..incredibly sweet of you..Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks suja...so kind and sweet of u...hugs...
    dish looks very very tempting and yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dish looks delicious..Thank you so much for sharing award swith me dear..that is so thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete
  33. squid recipes are not that common.. nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The dish is fantastic! And congratulations on your awards and to those you have awarded as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Not tried this fish but looks yummy...
    Hearty congratulations on ur awards dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. The squid looks awesome :) Congrats on ur awards.. wish you would be bumped with many more awards :), and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Delicious ..thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...