Skip to main content

Pineapple Raita



Pineapple Raita

Pineapple raita is a refreshing,sweet and full of flavor. It has a cooling effect and can be paired with any spicy or heavy meal,like flavored rice or parathas.

Ingredients
Chopped pineapple-1 cup
Thick yogurt- 1 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1 tsp
Green chilly-2
Roasted cumin powder- 1/3 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves- 1 tsp
Pinch of chilly powder
Pomegranate seeds- 1 tbs (optional)
Salt to taste

Whisk into yogurt sugar, salt and cumin powder. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to rest for some time,serve chilled.


Try this
Hope you will all enjoy!

Comments

  1. Raita looks fantastic!! Do visit my blog at-
    rita-bose-cooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! very refreshing raita. nice click too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refreshing and delicious raita.. looks great !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very refreshing and delcious..have in my drafts:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice and interesting raitha... have never heard of pineapple raitha...
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Healthy Foods for Healthy kids - Italian Dishes (w Giveaway)
    Ongoing Event - Celebrate - Summer
    Ongoing Event - Bake Fest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pineapple raita kollam. I have some in my hand I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super interesting Raita...
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the photograph so much Suja..Nice recipe and nice click!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple & humble raita.. I can have as is without any main dish !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is also one of my favs. I love the flavour n d combo of dahi n pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suja, This is one of my favorites... Beautiful presentation & I love the bowl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

10 Quick and Easy Kerala Snacks/ Tea time snacks

Do you often look for snack ideas? I like to try new snack recipes. Freshly homemade, tea time snacks appeals to all ages. There are comfort and joy in munching a delicious sweet or savory deep-fried snack with hot piping tea. Some recipes make you nostalgic, and we keep coming back to it time and again. Kerala has an exhaustive list of traditional tea-time snacks. You never get tired of eating them! So here is a list of family favorites. Today I am sharing a collection of 10 easy to make snacks that you can make under 20 minutes . Do you have any favorite snack that is simple and easy to make? Please share your ideas, leave me a comment below Want to try more Kerala snacks, check my post 12 Best Traditional Kerala Snacks - Tea Time Snacks  Pazham Pori- Crispy Fried Sweet Plantain Pazham pori is a quick and easy tea time snack. It is made with ripe sweet plantains dipped in a batter and then deep-fried in coconut oil to crispy golden. Ingredients Ripe plantains - 3 medium Maida-...

Thakkali Pachadi- Tomato Yogurt Curry- Sadhya Special

Thakkali Pachadi Today's recipe is a simple and lightly tangy pachadi made with tomatoes. It is a comforting side dish with tomatoes and cumin-spiced yogurt. Does it sound simple? And yes it is a simple curry. If you are on a time crunch, this is a perfect recipe for you. Tomato is the star ingredient. There are so many recipes that use tomatoes, but with all the different flavors and masalas it is hard to appreciate the taste of tomatoes. But in this tomato yogurt pachadi you get the sweet and tart flavor of tomatoes. Yes! an intense tomato flavor! Thakkali pachadi is a bright and creamy curry and a great side dish for steamed rice and chapati. I sometimes make tomato fry for chapathi and appam. But in this pachadi you add a spiced yogurt coconut paste. There is a beautiful balance between the sweetness and acidity of tomatoes, sweet nutty taste of coconut and the sourness of spiced yogurt. Cumin, curry leaves and coconut oil adds to the flavor. In some regions of Ke...

Uzhunnu Vada/Urad Dal Vada

Uzhunnu Vada/Urad Dal Vada Uzhunnu vada or medu vada is a very common snack in south India and is a perfect accompaniment with a cup of hot piping tea.I like it as a snack but again cannot resist when it is served with idli,sambar and chutney as breakfast. One might wonder where does all the aroma come from? The  plain deep fried lentils is by itself flavorful because I make them often for  vada curry. But in uzhunnu vada the addition of pearl onions,ginger and curry leaves imparts a wonderful aroma that is irresistible.This is something I really missed when I came here to the US until I started making my home made version. Try this you will surely love it. Ingredients Urad Dal/Black lentil skinless- 1 cup Rice flour- 2 tsp Pearl Onions- 4-5 Ginger finely chopped- 1 inch thick Curry leaves finely chopped- 1 spring Green chilly  finely chopped- 3 Whole black pepper- 5-6 salt to taste Oil- 2 cup to fry Wash and soak urad dal and rice for about 4-5...