Skip to main content

Mutton Fry


Mutton Fry (updated pic)

This is a recipe for delicious Kerala style mutton fried with a blend of exotic spices and regional flavors.It is simple and quick recipe and should admit that I loved this ever since I have tasted it. This is not deep fried as the name suggest,but is first cooked and then slightly pan fried.

Ingredients
   Mutton 1 1/2 lb

1) Shallots- 1 cup chopped
Ginger paste- 1 1/2 tsp
Garlic paste- 1 tsp
Pepper powder- 3/4 tsp
Garam masala- 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
salt to taste

2)  Onion finely chopped- 1/2 cup
Thinly sliced ginger- 1 tsp
Green chilly-1
Curry leaves- a few
Crushed dry red chilly- 1 tsp
Crushed fennel seeds- 3/4 tsp


Clean mutton and marinate it with all the ingredients listed under one (1) and keep aside for half an hour.Pressure cook the mutton with half cup of water in medium flame till four whistles and if there is excess gravy after you open the lid of the pressure cooker,continue cooking till all the water evaporates and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan and add saute sliced ginger, green chilly and onion. When it becomes golden brown add crushed dry red chilly and fennel seeds and saute for a minute. Add the cooked meat and mix well. Roast this in low flame for about three to four minutes or till it  gets browned up. Serve with rice/puttu/appam or parattas.


Try this..
Hope you will all enjoy..

Comments

  1. mouthwatering recipe looks extremely delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy boy...completely hooked! I've to try this...reads simple and I trust you with the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum,mouthwatering here..super delicious mutton fry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Suja, this is delicious. I have already marked this recipe down and will try it next time we buy mutton... Christmas is coming soon, so ya it will be soon and will let you know. Thank you so much for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious looking mutton fry. Great preparation with excellent presentation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow slurrpp...looks very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, fingerlicking mutton fry, super inviting and makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suja,I have never tried mutton fry,this one sounds & looks so yummy,I have it bookmarked:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spicy and delicious mutton fry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOunds Yumm...I dunno when I am going to try all your non-veg recipes. All are super yumm...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adipoli mutton fry, tempting one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suja,my tastebuds r real wet.Wonderfully done Mutton Fry Dear.Luv the recipe and the clicks.Luv it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks spicy and mouthwatering..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suja, this looks yumm.. Should the mutton be cooked without water on slow flame?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suja,
    Looks delicious..giving a final pan fry with red chilly flakes and crushed fennel seeds will surely add upto the flavour..lovely recipe..hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummy yummy..Delicious..Thanks for the recipe dear

    Do visit my blog too
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh suja, my fav..Superly made and yummy fry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats a delicious masala!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. spicy and delicious looking mutton fry....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks very delicious and flavourful..adipoli

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so goooooooooooooooooooooooood!! Worth a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. njan ithu undaaki suja ....super delicious

    ReplyDelete
  23. This turned out excellent (and I forgot to add the fennel and red pepper). I added a tsp of salt to the marinade. Highly recommend trying this out. I ate it with puttu, my husband had it with rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback,so happy you liked the recipe :)

      Delete
  24. Tried tonight. Came out really yummy. My husband and 8 yrs old was licking their fingers. Thanks for this awesome recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback,so happy you liked the recipe :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

10 Quick and Easy Kerala Snacks/ Tea time snacks

Do you often look for snack ideas? I like to try new snack recipes. Freshly homemade, tea time snacks appeals to all ages. There are comfort and joy in munching a delicious sweet or savory deep-fried snack with hot piping tea. Some recipes make you nostalgic, and we keep coming back to it time and again. Kerala has an exhaustive list of traditional tea-time snacks. You never get tired of eating them! So here is a list of family favorites. Today I am sharing a collection of 10 easy to make snacks that you can make under 20 minutes . Do you have any favorite snack that is simple and easy to make? Please share your ideas, leave me a comment below Want to try more Kerala snacks, check my post 12 Best Traditional Kerala Snacks - Tea Time Snacks  Pazham Pori- Crispy Fried Sweet Plantain Pazham pori is a quick and easy tea time snack. It is made with ripe sweet plantains dipped in a batter and then deep-fried in coconut oil to crispy golden. Ingredients Ripe plantains - 3 medium Maida-...

Sadhya Inji Curry/Ginger Curry

Inji Curry/Ginger pickle Inji curry is a sweet and sour curry made with ginger. It is an old fashioned recipe still made and served in Kerala homes on all special occassions. It has a distinctive flavor and taste of its own. It is hard to describe the taste of ginger curry. You need to taste it by yourself. It has a taste that lingers in your memory. Imagine spicy and tangy curry with a touch of sweetness and loaded with the flavor of roasted ginger. This dish is irresistibly appetizing. Inji curry is an important thodu curry in Kerala sadhya. Sadhya is the vegetarian feast made during festivals or on special occasions like weddings. This is favored by every Malayali and there is nothing that can substitute this exotic dish in taste and goodness. Inji curry is also the first dish served  which is followed by nearly a dozen more dishes and pickles. Inji curry is a traditional recipe and is refereed to in fables and folklore's of Kerala. There are stories a...

German Chocolate Cake

Delicious gooey chocolate cake filled with creamy  caramel flavored coconut pecan frosting will surely be something every chocolate cake lover would die for..and for a chocolate lover like me this was divine.When I first saw the German chocolate cake I was impressed by the beautiful stack of cakes with this gooey frosting and finally ended making one at home. I feel it is one of the most delicious chocolate cake.I have brought a little alterations but for the exact recipe check here .For the chocolate cake you can use either melted baking chocolate or a combination of baking chocolate and unsweetened cocoa powder. Ingredients for the filling Condensed milk- 8 ounce or 1/2 tin Butter - 3 tsp milk- 2 tsp vanilla essence- 1tsp Egg yolks 2 Chopped pecans- 3/4 cup Sweet Coconut - 3/4 cup Salt- a pinch Ingredients for cake 1)Flour- 2 cup Butter - 3/4 stick Cocoa- 1/2 cup Baking powder- 1 1/2tsp Baking soda- a pinch salt- a pinch 2)Semi sweet chocolate- 4 ounce Eg...